We'd love to hear from you - let us know what you think!

Email Michael

Email Christine

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!





Happy Independence Day!!

It's almost overwhelming to stop and think of what Independence Day means for one group of special little girls over in China who will be united with their families in just a few days. Once I was speaking with my former boss, a great role model and example of a father, about just how awesome this adoption experience is. He lives in Fairhope, and knows several families who have adopted from China. His comment was basically that God puts us all here to fullfill some purpose(s), and those of us who adopt have a special purpose to raise and teach one of His children who would otherwise not know the freedoms they will know in America. In a sense, it's not about us, it's about Olivia. She could grow up to be a gifted physician who discovers the cure for cancer, she could grow up to be a business leader who leads a company to success, or she could grow up to be a missionary who spreads the love of Christ throughout the world.

We may not know what is in store for Olivia for many years, or we may never know what wonderful purpose God has for her. What we do know is that she will now have every opportunity afforded to someone who lives in America. Today, I'm proud to be an American!

God bless the U.S.A.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Site Counter